Wednesday 25 August 2021

 For our task today we had to create a story about composting. I enjoyed learning about the process of composting. Next time I would change my story so it would make more sense. I found it tricky to put the story in my own words. I found composting interesting because there are so many things that you wouldn't think that there are in compost. If you want to see the video that I watched click the link.  This is my story about composting. I hope you like it.

Do you know what compost is? In this piece of writing I will explain to you how compost is made, what it is, the benefits of compost and how it is made. If you want to learn about composting, keep reading.


Compost is made up of lots of different things like soil, grass clippings, leaves and some people add food scraps from their kitchen. Microorganisms help break down all of the materials into compost that has lots of nutrients. 


The process of making compost takes a lot of time to break down. Microorganisms and bugs living in the compost eat the scraps that you’ve put in it and poop it out and this makes compost. This compost is rich and good for plants that are growing because of the nutrients created by the composting process. 


Compost is good because it does not create as much waste and that would otherwise end up in landfills. It saves us money because not as much will end up in the landfills and when landfills are full we have to buy more land for the landfills.   


I think that composting is good for the environment because it lets people reuse things that would otherwise go to the landfill. It also gives plants all of the good nutrients that they need to grow and plants are really good for the environment.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Thomas,

    I really enjoyed reading your information report about composting. I can tell from your writing that you have gathered a good understanding of what it is, why we do it and the importance of it for the planet. Does your family have a compost heap?

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog.
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.