Thursday 30 September 2021

Do You Think That Trees Are Important.

This week for writing we have been doing our speeches. We did speeches because it was the time of the term that we had to do speeches. We had to write our speeches and then we had to present them to the school because it was the speech semi finals. I liked writing this task because my topic was trees and trees are a really cool topic. Did you like my post about mister wolf guilty? Next time This is my story below. I hope you like it.

Every second, somewhere in the world a soccer field amount of trees is cut down. I strongly believe that people should stop cutting down trees.  I will tell you where air comes from and why trees are important for this. They give us fruit and tyres for our cars. Leaves on trees can change colour. Listen up and I will convince you that we have to save the trees and save our environment!

Firstly, I strongly believe that people should stop cutting down trees because trees provide us with oxygen so that we can live. They take the carbon dioxide that we breathe out, and that is made by cars and factories, and trees turn it into oxygen. In other words, trees breathe in carbon dioxide, and breathe out oxygen. The opposite of what humans do. This process is called photosynthesis. If we keep cutting trees down, we will eventually have only a little bit of oxygen left and too much carbon dioxide, which is bad for us and the environment. I think people should stop cutting trees down. Don’t you?

Secondly, trees can provide fruit and I think that fruit trees are very important for us. Do you like fruit? Trees provide apples, oranges, bananas, coconuts and apricots. All of these come from trees. If we cut down all of the fruit trees we won’t have any healthy food for us. Can you imagine the world with no fruit? That would be terrible. Because fruit trees are trees, they can also provide oxygen for us. That makes them important for the world in two different ways. So we have to look after our trees for two reasons.

Thirdly, I think that trees are beautiful and very cool? Do you? Well I do and I want to convince you to think that they're cool. Because they are. In autumn their leaves can change from green to orange to yellow to red and lots of different colours. Trees can only change colour in autumn and winter. Trees that change colour are called deciduous trees. The changing colour is the leaves dying and the tree starting to hibernate for the winter. Some trees never change colours. They just stay green. These trees are called evergreen trees and I guess you know what that means. Trees can start to bloom in spring and if you haven’t seen a blossom tree I highly recommend you look out for it at the moment. I think this is an amazing example of God’s beautiful creation.

In this piece of writing I have stated where air comes from, that they can give us fruit and how trees are cool in autumn. Now look out there at our beautiful trees. Do you still want to cut trees down? I don’t, and I hope I have convinced you not to cut trees down.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog.
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.